Feeling overwhelmed by the thought of trying to shovel your driveway through five feet of wet snow? Don't worry, we've got you covered! We're here to make your winter woes a bit easier with our comprehensive guide on finding the best snow blowers for wet snow. Keep reading to find out what features you should look for when choosing one, plus helpful tips and tricks on how best to utilize its power — no matter how thick that layer of powder is!
EGO Power+ SNT2102 21-Inch 56-Volt Cordless Snow Blower with Peak Power Two 5.0Ah Batteries and Charger IncludedView on Amazon
- BrandEGO Power+
PowerSmart Snow Blower Gas Powered, 21 Inch Single Stage Gas Snow Thrower, 212CC Gasoline Engine Snowblower for YardView on Amazon
PowerSmart Snow Blower 24 Inch 2-Stage 212cc Engine Gas Powered, Self Propelled Snowblower with Electric StartView on Amazon
PowerSmart Snow Blower Gas Powered 24 in. 208cc B&S Engine with Electric Starter, Handle Warmer, Self-Propelled, 2-Stage Snowblower BS24View on Amazon
Husqvarna ST330, Husqvarna ST330, 30 in. 369cc Two-Stage Electric Start Gas Snow Blower with Power SteeringView on Amazon
PowerSmart Snow Blower Gas Powered 24 Inch 2-Stage 208cc B&S Engine with Electric Start, LED Light, Hand Warmer, Self Propelled Snowblower BS24View on Amazon
PowerSmart Self-Propelled Cordless Snow Blower Included Battery and Charger, 24-Inch, 80-Volt, 2-Stage Snow Thrower with Steel AugerView on Amazon
Last update on 2023-09-26 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
Top 10 things to look for when buying snow blower for wet snow
Winter is here and with it comes the inevitable snowfall. For many homeowners, dealing with a heavy blanket of wet snow can be an arduous task without the right tools. A quality snow blower is essential for those living in areas that experience significant amounts of precipitation during winter months. With so many models on the market, finding one that meets your needs can seem daunting. To help you in your search, we’ve compiled a list of the top 10 things to look for when buying a snow blower for wet snow. From power to design features, this guide will provide you with all the information you need to make an informed purchase decision and ensure that your snowy days are hassle-free!
1. Power and Capacity: The engine power and capacity of your snow blower are essential when it comes to clearing away wet snow. Consider the size and condition of your driveway or walkway, as well as the amount of snow you typically receive each year. A powerful engine and larger capacity will help you clear heavy, wet snow quickly and efficiently - which is key for those particularly snowy days!
2. Type of Snow Blower: There are two main types of snow blowers available - single-stage and two-stage models. Single-stage machines are designed for light to moderate snowfall, while two-stage models are more powerful and suitable for heavier, wetter snows. Make sure to pick a model that meets your needs and can handle the amount of snow you typically receive.
3. Chute Control: Snow blowers with chute control allow you to adjust the direction in which the snow is being discharged, making it easier to move large quantities of wet snow away from your property. Look for models that include adjustable chutes or have remote-controlled options for added convenience.
4. Auger Design: The augers on a snow blower play an important role when it comes to clearing wet snow. Look for models with serrated augers, as these are designed specifically for chopping up and moving heavier, wetter material more effectively than traditional blades.
5. Controls: Check out the user interface of any model you’re considering - it should be intuitive and easy to use. Some models even feature one-handed operation, allowing you to operate the blower with just one hand while carrying something else in the other.
6. Skid Shoes: Skid shoes are designed to reduce friction between the snow blower and the surface beneath it, making it easier to move along slippery surfaces like sidewalks or driveways when clearing wet snow. Look for models that have adjustable skid shoes, as this will help you customize your machine for optimal performance on different surfaces.
7. Handle Comfort: When dealing with heavy wet snow, having a comfortable handle is essential for reducing fatigue during long periods of use. Look for handles made from durable materials like aluminum or steel, as well as those that have ergonomic designs for added comfort.
8. Weight: Depending on the size and power of your snow blower, it can be quite heavy when full of wet snow. Look for models that are lightweight and easy to maneuver, as this will make them much easier to use during those extra snowy days.
9. Durability: Snow blowers designed for wet snow should be built to last, so look for high-quality materials and solid construction that will stand up to harsh winter conditions. If you’re using your machine in an area with frequent deep snows, consider purchasing a heavy-duty model for added durability and longevity.
10. Warranty: Many snow blower manufacturers offer limited warranties on their products - make sure to check out the terms and conditions of any model you’re considering. This will help ensure that your investment is protected in case of any unexpected problems or malfunctions during use.
Choosing the right snow blower for wet snow can be a difficult decision, but having the right information and researching your options will ensure you make the best choice. Be sure to consider all of the factors listed above, as well as any additional features or specifications that meet your needs. With the right model in hand, those snowy days won’t seem nearly so daunting anymore!