Gardening isn't just for homeowners with green thumbs and fancy gardens; it's also a great activity that anyone can do indoors. Growing plants at home, no matter the size of your living space, can be an incredibly rewarding experience - not to mention fun! From tiny house apartments to larger homes, you have plenty of options when it comes to taking on the challenge of indoor gardening. In this blog post, we'll cover some tips and tricks to help you get started with growing beautiful plants right inside your own home!
Indoor Herb Garden Starter Kit - 5 Herb Plant Grow Kit w/ Pots & Soil - DIY Heirloom Herb Seeds Home Gardening Kit - Kitchen Window Garden Growing Kit - Unique Gardening Gifts for Women & MenView on Amazon
- BrandHOME GROWN
QYO Hydroponics Growing System, 12 Pods Indoor Herb Garden with 36W Full-Spectrum Grow Light, Pump System, Automatic Timer, 23.8'' Height Adjustable, Plants Germination Kit for Home Kitchen GardeningView on Amazon
Deluxe Herb Garden Kit – Unique Gardening Gifts for Women - 8 Variety Culinary Herb Garden Kit Indoor & Outdoor – Cooking Gifts for Gardeners, Plant Gifts for Mom Who Has Everything This ChristmasView on Amazon
- BrandHOME GROWN
Yoocaa 12 Hydroponics Growing System, Indoor Herb Garden with LED Light, Up to 19.4'' Height Adjustable Indoor Gardening System, Gardening Gifts for Women Mom(Grey)View on Amazon
Herb Garden Kit Indoor - Certified USDA Organic Non GMO | Gardening Gifts for Women and Men, Indoor Herb Garden Starter Kit, Herb Growing Kit Indoor, Plant Growing Kit, Herb Starter Kit, Plant KitView on Amazon
- BrandSpade To Fork
Indoor Vegetable Garden Starter Kit - Certified USDA Organic Non GMO - 5 Seed Types Cherry Tomato, Lettuce, Carrot, Radish, Green Bean | Gardening Gifts for Women and Men, Indoor Garden Kit, Plant KitView on Amazon
- BrandSpade To Fork
Gardyn 1.0 Hydroponics Growing System Indoor Garden Vertical Garden Planter | 30 Non-GMO Indoor Plants, Herbs & Vegetables Indoor Gardening System - LED Grow Lights | No Soil, Grow Tent or Green HouseView on Amazon
Last update on 2023-09-29 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
Top 11 things to look for when buying indoor gardening
Indoor gardening is becoming increasingly popular, and for good reason. It's an easy way to bring greenery into your home while also providing yourself with fresh herbs and vegetables. But before you start planting, there are a few things to consider in order to ensure that your indoor garden will thrive. From the type of plants you choose to the amount of light they receive, here are 11 things to look for when buying indoor gardening supplies.
1. Choose the Right Plants: When it comes to indoor gardening, not all plants are created equal. For example, some plants require more light than others, while certain types of soil work better for specific plants than others. Make sure to research the type of plant you’re looking to purchase and understand its needs before you make your final decision.
2. Proper Lighting: Many plants need natural sunlight in order to thrive indoors, so if your home or apartment doesn't get a lot of sun exposure, you may want to consider investing in a grow light or bulb specifically designed for indoor gardening. This will help ensure that your plants get all the light they need without taking up too much space in your home.
3. Select the Right Containers: When shopping for containers, make sure you select ones that are appropriate for the type of plant you’re growing. Different plants need different amounts of soil and space to grow properly, so choose accordingly.
4. Consider Container Size: The size of your container will also determine how successful your indoor garden will be. For larger plants, you may need a bigger pot with more soil to give them room to grow and spread their roots properly.
5. Think About Drainage: It's important to consider drainage when choosing your containers, as some plants require more water than others. Make sure there is enough drainage in the bottom of each pot; otherwise it could cause root rot or other problems for your plants.
6. Find the Right Soil: As mentioned before, some plants require a specific type of soil in order to thrive indoors. Do your research beforehand and make sure you have the appropriate soil for each plant you plan on growing.
7. Use Fertilizer: The soil in indoor gardens often lacks essential nutrients that help plants grow, so it’s important to use fertilizer to help them reach their full potential. Make sure to find an organic fertilizer for healthy growth and maximum yield from your plants.
8. Invest in Quality Gardening Tools: While you may be tempted to save money by purchasing cheap gardening tools, investing in quality equipment is worth it when it comes to caring for your indoor garden properly. High-quality tools will last longer and make it easier to maintain your garden.
9. Don’t Overwater: It's easy to overwater plants in an indoor setting, as they are often placed in containers with small amounts of soil. Make sure you check the moisture levels of the soil before adding more water and don’t let your plants sit in standing water.
10. Consider Air Circulation: Indoor gardens require good air circulation for optimal growth, so make sure you have a fan or other device that provides plenty of air movement around your plants. This will help ensure their leaves get enough oxygen and prevent them from being susceptible to pests or diseases.
11. Monitor Temperature & Humidity: Plants need certain temperatures and humidity levels in order to thrive, so make sure you monitor these factors in your indoor garden. You may need to adjust the temperature or humidity levels depending on the type of plant you are growing.
Indoor gardening can be a great way to bring nature and beauty into your home. However, it is important to make sure you have the right supplies in order to create a successful garden. By following these tips and doing your research beforehand, you will be well on your way to having an abundant indoor garden that you can enjoy for years to come.